Photo Credit to Bobby Bishop
Our mission is to use Ultimate as a tool to promote strong Biblical character development in youth and young adults.
We believe Ultimate has many intrinsic values that can be applied not only in the game, but in life, relationships, and our jobs. We also believe that the Bible has some of the greatest examples of leadership the world has ever known. For those reasons we have developed a leadership curriculum aptly called "THE DISC." Each letter in the pneumonic stands for a different leadership value that can be found in Ultimate. In addition each of these values can be found throughout many different examples of Biblical leadership. Each of these values make up what we believe to be a great leader, but most importantly, a strong follower of Christ.
If you would like to learn more about our curriculum and the supplementary material that comes with it please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We implement our curriculum in 4 different ways. During every program the values are taught at some level, but as we have more dedicated time with the students we are able to spend more time teaching and applying the values in our curriculum.
- Community Outreaches
- We work with youth and young adults with the main purpose of using the sport of Ultimate as a way to develop and build relationships with them. While we play and teach the sport of Ultimate, we make sure the students receive a general understanding of the Spirit of the Game, a general grasp of what it means to be a leader, and the feeling of knowing that they are loved. This is a good foundation for using our curriculum as we develop these relationships more.
- Youth Club Teams and High School P.E. Programs
- These allow us a consistent, weekly opportunity to invest in the lives of the students. During practices we match up our leadership values with corresponding Ultimate skills. We challenge the students to put into action what is discussed and give them opportunity for feedback. In P.E. classes we have a theme for each class and the students are tested on THE DISC at the end of the unit.
- Mentor Development Program
- The purpose of this program is to grow leaders, but also young men and women who love Christ. Students who are in this program have either shown good leadership skills in our programs or have a desire to learn more. We take our students through our curriculum step by step giving them a more in depth understanding of "THE DISC" during a 6 week lecture format. We give them opportunities to apply the curriculum through different challenges and response scenarios. We also take this time to challenge each of the students spiritually as we connect the values in THE DISC with their Biblical background. Once they have passed through the teaching portion they are given opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally to apply what they have learned.
- One-on-One Discipleship
- We work one-on-one with students who are motivated and willing to be challenged in their faith, their leadership skills, and their desire to impact others. A majority of these students have passed through the other three avenues, but not always. This is completely voluntary on the part of the student, but a great joy for us as coaches to disciple these youth and young adults to a better understanding of the gospel, and a better understanding of what that means for their lives.
Would you like us to speak at your next camp, tournament, or event? Take a look at what we have done in the past and get in touch with us!
Nicaragua Timeline of events!
What happened in 2015?
- Moved to Nicaragua (Aug 2015)
- Started first youth team, Dale Pues, in Managua, Nicaragua. (Aug. 2015)
What happened in 2016?
- Began first successful community outreach in Ciudad Sandino (January 2016)
- Hosted first ever ultimate tournament in Nicaragua. (March 2016)
- Hosted and participated in Breaking Borders' first International Youth Clinic and Tournament. (April/May 2016)
- Had our first 6 students pass through the lecture portion of our Mentor Development Program. (May 2016)
- Trained first group of Nicaraguan leaders. (Summer 2016)
- First Nicaraguan internship. (Fall 2016)
- Hosted second successful tournament. Torneo Cocibolca (September 2016)
- Worked in 3 schools' Physical Education programs (July, August, November 2016)
- Helped start first official fully Nicaraguan club team, Los Tornados de Chiquilistagua (December 2016)
What happened in 2017?
- Youth Ultimate Camp with BB mentors and coaches from the states. (Jan 2017)
- Began our second school club team at Nicaragua Christian Academy Nejapa (February 2017)
- Nicaraguan Club Championships with 6 teams from across Nicaragua. (March 2017)
- Second Annual UFJ International Youth Tournament in Costa Rica with Dale Pues Ultimate. (May 2017)
- Leadership Development Class # 2 (June 2017)
- CUT Camp Chicago. Zeke was able to share about our curriculum and what we are doing in Nicaragua to over 100 youth at CUT Camp. It was also his first time in the states! (July 2017)
- Torneo Cielos Abiertos where we gave some of our youth leaders opportunities to captain teams for the first time. (Sep 2017)
- Torneo Cocibolca. Our largest tournament so far with over 130 players from Nicaragua, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, United States, Germany, and Spain. (Nov 2017)
- Leadership Development Class # 3 (Dec 2017)